Wednesday, March 5, 2014

#wearwhatyoulike

Photo by Matthew Perrone
It's actually astonishing how many times I'm asked for fashion advice by those who believe they "know nothing" about fashion. Believe it or not, I'm equally as capable of telling you what to wear as a fish. A blind fish. And the backing for that is that, at the end of the day, they're just clothes -fashion is just clothes. People like to warn me about how competitive and cut-throat this industry can be but in actuality, it's the people in the industry that make it that way and I predict a fashion forecast of funnier and more lighthearted designers, including myself. I think it's about time everyone reached back and untangled the bunch their panties are in and stop taking themselves so seriously. If I have learned anything at Parsons (and I've learned tons *cough*mom and dad your money isn't going to waste*cough*), it is that you need to wear what you like and I'm sure I've posted about that before. If you're not comfortable and confident in your clothing, why are you wearing them? Anyone can buy the newest or the most expensive but that doesn't make them fashionable, or at least, I should hope not because otherwise we'd all be broke (or homeless if your wallet resembles anything similar to what mine currently looks like). Thus, I have come to the groundbreaking conclusion that my approach to fashion is simply that - #wearwhatyoulike. Shoot - who I am to tell you what looks good; if you like it, then wear the hell out of it 'cause you're damn sure going to look better than the girl who can't figure out if she actually likes what she's wearing or if she's just resisting the buyers remorse flooding her subconscious. If someone else told you what you like, you're doing it wrong.

Wear what you like. Seriously, stop being so serious. 
Ha. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love love love your blog!! so I have nominated you for a liebster award! you can read more about it here, since i was nominated-- www.hello-dreamer.com :)

    i hope to read your responses soon!

    ReplyDelete