Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chopped


When you have curly or wavy hair, your hair days are typically hit or miss. Unless of course you have enough will power to rise in the morning and claim the role of lion tamer and attempt to control the wild locks of hair twisting in whatever directions that make the least sense. Unfortunately, curly and wavy hair is both a blessing and a curse. Anyone with straight hair would kill to have it hold a curl and anyone with curly/wavy hair would kill to be able to predict what their hair might look like after they shower. But sometimes you just have to give in to the natural texture of your hair and let your frizzy freak flag fly, because after all, nothing is more beautiful than confidence, self-acceptance, and Hermione Granger circa Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
So in an effort to embrace my natural mane, I've decided the only manageable way to do so is to go chopped. It's become somewhat of a trend for women with frizzy big hair to cut it short and, in my opinion, they're killin' it.

Taylor SwiftKaty Perry Gets a Dramatic New Haircut — See Her With a Bob!

Ok, that Miley one was a joke, I didn't do THAT to my hair...but you get the idea. But she was pullin' the chopped thing before she went out for crazy cakes. Short is the new long... Orange is the new black...all that nonsense. It's the 'less is more' mentality, you know, good things in small packages? ...Size doesn't matter? I'll stop.
Someone a little closer to home, who is known for this haircut, was my inspiration for this MASSIVE lifestyle change that is so much more important to write about than do my homework... Her name is Leandra Medine and she is The Man Repeller. She graduated from my school and has become a total style icon/fashion socialite/fashion influencer in NYC. Her mentality towards fashion is that we must find the humour in serious fashion and the weirder the better, which, in some ways, is similar to my take on fashion: #wearwhatyoulike. She rocks the chopped look and basically instills the confidence within me that my hair can be freshly washed and frizzy and still chic. 

Because, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment