Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'm here.

Well well well. Here we are again. I've now officially been back in NYC for one whole week after a long month and a half at home. I flew to Toronto in mid December and immediately started in on the friends and family. Lots of get togethers and nights with foggy details. It was awesome re-entering the world of legal drinking age. 7.5 months till I'm 21 baby.

So Christmas was fabulous. Though I couldn't help but notice it's become a lot less... Christmasy. Maybe it's the traveling, or the rush of the end of the semester, but it really took a lot for me to get into the Christmas spirit and apparently I'm not the only one who felt that way. It was December 24 and it still felt too early for Christmas carols. That's how bad it was. Nevertheless Christmas morning was so special. Santa paid close attention to my "gift guide for a fashion student" which was delightful. I love coming home to special times with my family. It makes coming home very exciting. This Christmas, however, was less one person. Sad face. My big brother is 'backpacking' through South America and thus couldn't be home for the holidays. My half size dress form filled his place but it really wasn't the same. 

New Years! 2K14 honey! 

Immediately after New Years I went back to work at the insurance company in Toronto that I've worked at for the past two summers. Not my ideal job but the pay is good, I know my way around and the people are great. Plus being home for a whole month and a half, you need somehing to fill you days especially after all your Canadian friends have gone back to school. The only down side to the longest break in history. 

So now I'm back in action. I had a feeling that as soon as I stepped foot in NYC my life was going to hit fast forward and that's exactly what happened. This past week I've pulled two all nighters, started work again at the department of athletics & recreation to get my fit on, but really just pumped out like 600 flyers for our upcoming winter events, fitness class and sports. Catching up with roommates and friends and molding back into the New York lifestyle. I guess you don't really realize how much you miss New York until you come back. It's like falling in love all over again. 

Boy it's good to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment